First, let me thank all of you for praying for us last month when we received the sudden and unexpected news of the death of my 63 yr. sister. God poured out great grace on us and on her family. Keep praying for her husband, 3 grown children and 8 grandchildren.
Now, Novemember. A new month with new opportunities and new challenges.
We don’t want to do this without prayer partners. This update may seem simple but we really need friends who will join us praying for the work.
Psalm 90:16-17 has always been a favorite of mine and I came across it the other day in my morning time with the Lord:
Let your work be shown to your servants,
and your glorious power to their children.
Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us,
and establish the work of our hands upon us;
yes, establish the work of our hands!
We continue to pray for our children and grandchildren to know the glorious power of God—as He works in ways that can only be explained as a work of God.
We also ask God to let His favor rest on us as He establishes the work of our hands. This month’s work includes:
- Trip to Chicago to work with inner-city church to consider ways to multiply their ministry. (Nov 6)
- Visit with Church Planter (Nov 10)
- Trip to Baltimore to meet with a Korean pastor who is helping to lead a Task Force for the SBC. (Nov 13)
- Meeting of the Evangelistic Impact and Declining Baptisms Task Force (Nov 15)
- Meeting with Small Groups at FBC Woodstock to talk about national impact of LoveLoud (Nov 17)
- Winter Meeting of State Directors of Evangelism in San Diego (Nov 19-20)
- Preach morning Services at FBC Woodstock, GA (Nov 24)
In addition to these special meetings, I need prayer partners to intercede for two major initiatives that I am leading with Ed Stetzer (LifeWay)
- Evangelistic Impact and Declining Baptisms Task Force
- Writing of a Tool Kit for equipping in personal evangelism
As I post this I am thanking God for you. Many of you have been involved in churches we were honored to serve. Thanks for your continued investment in our ministry through prayer.